Thursday, October 04, 2007

Something other than Indian food















Tried cooking Greek for my daughter's Graduation party। The spread has mostly mezethes items and I had to incorporate a couple of middle eastern foods as well। Most items were made from raw ingredients but for the dolmas, brined olives and the mozzarella balls. The dishes were:
Sardeles (sardines)
Lakerda (tuna)
Sadziki (also pronounced Tzatziki-the cucumber & yogurt)
Revitis Keftedes (something like falafel)
Tomato/Mozzarella/Olive Salad
Brined Olives (green and black)
Greek breads-bought from a store
Lamb Keftedes
Sun dried tomatoes
Greek cheese platter
hummus
Babaganoush
Taramasalata (fish roe)
Tapenade
Dolmathakia
For the main food which was served around midnight we had a Chicken and rice dish which was pretty close to a biryani using some greek ingredients for flavor.
I used up all the oregano and basil at home by the time I was done. I was helped in the menu planning by my contractor who had just remodelled our home. His name is .......you guessed it NICK. Everybody enjoyed the food but then I did not have a Greek to check it out. We all had dressed up in Greek togas.





No comments: